[labnetwork] Edwards nXDS6i pump

Kyle Keenan kckeenan at seas.upenn.edu
Mon Aug 21 09:54:24 EDT 2023

Hi Bernhard,

Just my opinion but, in my experience, trying to do anything other than
replacing tip seals, o-rings and exhaust valve kits is not worth the time
and effort. Any money you save will likely be outweighed by lost
productivity, that is, assuming you are able to get the pump working
properly, which is much more difficult than it may seem.

Good luck.
Kyle

On Mon, Aug 21, 2023 at 8:22 AM Bernhard Reineke <
bernhard.reineke at uni-paderborn.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> we have an Edwards nXDS6i pump in our laboratory. The pump is broken and
> vibrates excessively. As the cost of maintaining the pump by the company is
> very expensive, we decided to open it and fix it ourselves. However, we
> can't remove the screw on the pump's back to access the motor compartment.
> Does anyone know how to remove this screw?
>

> Best,
>

> Bernhard Reineke Matsudo
>
> PHOQS
>
> Paderborn University