[labnetwork] High footfall in the cleanroom

Venkatachalam P venkatachala at iisc.ac.in
Wed Dec 27 12:16:32 EST 2023

Hi,

In trying to find if any standards regrading maximum personal allowed in a cleanroom space, ISO 14644 does not restrict num of personal in the cleanroom. But, does mention "Care should be taken to identify and control all factors that have an influence on the required cleanroom cleanliness classification - personnel activity".

I could not find anything recent on Semiconductor cleanrooms (... Yield = Profits), but further looking into Pharma cleanrooms, FDA doesn't restrict no of people, but certain companies do \ref [1]. I also stumbled upon these answers on limiting people in cleanroom based on amount of contamination caused by the personal and how it is calculated \ref [2] [3].

[1] Pharmaceutical Cleanroom Classification using ISO 14644-1 and the EU GGMP Annex 1 Part 2: Practical (ejpps.online)<https://www.ejpps.online/post/vol24-4-pharmaceutical-cleanroom-classification-using-iso-14644-1-and-the-eu-ggmp>
[2] Predicted Contamination Levels in Cleanrooms When Cleanroom-Dressed People Are the Contamination Source (pharmtech.com)<https://www.pharmtech.com/view/predicted-contamination-levels-cleanrooms-when-cleanroom-dressed-people-are-contamination-source>
[3]Rationale Number of Personnel in Clean Rooms CM 20131023 | PDF | Chemistry | Nature (scribd.com)<https://www.scribd.com/document/328866303/Rationale-Number-of-Personnel-in-Clean-Rooms-CM-20131023-1>

Best regards,

Venkatachalam P

Project assistant - PRL

CeNSE, NNFC