[labnetwork] HDD Best Practice

Demis D. John demis at ucsb.edu
Thu Feb 9 12:08:47 EST 2023

We have also found that keeping a cloned HDD *outside* the computer chassis is very important.

Once a tool has been set up satisfactorily, we then take the tool down, clone the HDD onto a similar one (using external HDD cloners), and then keep the clone in a separate cabinet (anti-static etc).

In addition, we have all user recipes, software folders backed up from the live tool computer to our network storage.

So for restore - we can swap the cloned HDD back into the computer,
And then copy the backed up network files to the computer.

We had a power glitch result in damaging Both HDD’s (including raid backup) within our ASML computer)!

-- Demis