[labnetwork] HSQ Availability

Price, Aimee price.798 at osu.edu
Wed Feb 15 16:03:38 EST 2023

Hi Matthew,
The MAEBL community has dealt with this for many years.  We reached out to Dischem (Andy Thompson) and he is providing many of us Ebeamers in the US with our HSQ.  He is actually in your backyard in western Pa.  He packages up HSQ into the same/similar thicknesses and solids content that Dow did.  He also will make small quantities and ships fast.  I just bought a 20mL bottle from him which works great for us.  Happy to share more if you are interested.  It’s not cheap, but it’s inline with the trajectory of the HSQ from Dow before it skyrocketed.  You could compare directly with a quote from him.

Andy’s contact info is Andy Thompson andy at discheminc.com<mailto:andy at discheminc.com>

I do know that some people are still able to get it from Dow distributors, but it can be quite painful.

Feel free to call me if you have any questions.

Aimee

Manager, Nanofabrication
The Ohio State University
Nanotech West Lab