[labnetwork] He, Ar, O2 prices?

Price, Aimee price.798 at osu.edu
Wed Jan 4 12:54:30 EST 2023

Hi All,
Happy New Year to the network.

At Ohio State, we are seeing major price increases for our "6.0" gases year over year (2021 to 2022) and it's gone up again since December.  We typically purchase from Matheson but also do some business with Praxair (our bulk LN2 is from Praxair so we have some buying power as we buy it by the semi tanker load).

The changes are as follows:
Ar increased 2x
O2 increased 2x
He increased 4.5x

Does anyone have a solution for these?  We understand that everything is going up, but these are very big changes.  I know that some labs have He reclaim systems but we don't have nearly enough use to justify that type of installation.

Thanks,
Aimee

Manager, Nanofabrication
The Ohio State University