[labnetwork] MAU Steam Coil

Mark Weiler mweiler at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Jan 4 13:30:22 EST 2023

Hello Everyone…

I am writing to ask whether any of you have ever had to replace a steam coil of the Make-up Air Units (MAU’s) of your cleanrooms, and what you, your facilities team, or the product vendor did to solve the problem.  Are there any cost-effective solutions with minimal downtime?  We have completed three repairs of our coil since starting here in 2016…(replacing likely requires a Cleanroom shutdown and the construction of a bypass), and currently have another leak.

I’m really interested to know if this has happened anywhere else… are we an outlier?

Best regards,

Mark

Mark Weiler
Manager, Equipment & Facilities