[labnetwork] JEOL JSM-5800LV Repair Help Needed

Daniel Boyd danielboyd499 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 26 11:09:01 EDT 2023

I am an undergraduate research student at Anderson University in South Carolina US and I am working on repairing a JEOL JSM-5800LV. The SEM was donated from FUJI Films lab and was operational just a few years ago and was replaced with a new system. The guy that picked up the machine cut all of the wires between the control unit and the microscope unit instead of unplugging cords and now I am trying to wire it back together. Most cables were labeled but many lost their labels in the moving process. I also was never given the key to start the machine making it very difficult to troubleshoot. I have tried looking online to buy a replacement but the model is so old I can not find it anywhere. If anyone could help me find a replacement key or perhaps have an old key to the same machine that I could copy that would be enormously helpful. Also any suggestions on how to repair the wires would be helpful. If someone has experience with the machine I can send some pictures if that would be helpful. Any advice or suggestions would be very appreciated.

Sent from Mail for Windows