[labnetwork] Sharpie for charged particle beams

Michael Yakimov yakimom at sunypoly.edu
Wed Jun 7 08:24:56 EDT 2023

Since nobody else chimes in, my 2 cents:

I was told black sharpie industrial is the one to use. Works great for me - granted, my samples are not very insulating.
Probably makes sense to say "black" as that is likely to be carbon-filled hence conductive. Looks like high-temperature feature of "industrial" means carbon.
I also tried Sakura Micron archive pen - for sharper tip. It worked, although I don't have very favorable memories of that. IIRC  film was too thick inhibiting navigation.

Mike

Michael Yakimov

Research scientist

College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering

SUNY Polytechnic Institute

253 Fuller rd.

Albany NY 12203

Phone: 518-437-8609 lab