[labnetwork] Is your facility ISO certified?

Charles Veith cveith at seas.upenn.edu
Thu Mar 23 07:53:39 EDT 2023

Hi Joe
       I might be wrong but the ISO Standards are primarily for
manufacturing facilities. As for a
research lab, I do not believe extra spending and huge increase in
paperwork can not be
justified.
       My recommendation would be to take the 3 day class clean room
protocols and then
implement them. At one point our former Technical Director Noah Clay was
reporting that our
iso quals in the lithography was .5 ISO higher than the room was
rated(There was no adjustment
of air flow to accomplish this). This was totally done through proper
daily/weekly/month cleaning
procedures.

Regards,

Charlie