[labnetwork] ICP-RIE Purchase

Christophe Clément christophe.clement at polymtl.ca
Tue Nov 21 14:25:48 EST 2023

Hello community,

I need your input regarding the purchase of a new ICP-RIE. We currently
have two Oxford systems, Plasmalab System100. We're quite happy with them
(the service could be better though), so we've asked Oxford to quote us
for an ICP-RIE, the Cobra model. This system will be dedicated for Silicon
Bosch process only.

However, we wouldn't want to miss out on other tools that might satisfy
us. Apart from Plasma Therm, whom I intend to contact shortly, do you know
of any other suppliers of this type of equipment? As our cleanroom space
is limited, equipment the size of a Plasmalab would be ideal.

Also, regarding wafer cooling, we currently use liquid nitrogen only,
although we haven't been doing cryo processes for a long time, but we
don't want to eliminate this option at this time for the new tool. I've
been proposed to use a chiller and LN2 combo, to save LN2 when not using
cryo processes.

I'd be interested to hear what you think of this choice (cooling time,
maintenance
)

Thank you

Best