[labnetwork] Your favorite wafer bonder

Macdonald, Robert (GE Aerospace, US) robert.macdonald at ge.com
Fri Sep 1 14:24:28 EDT 2023

Wafer bonding has advanced a great deal in the last twenty years. Industrial tools have incorporated many improvements in wafer handing and process capabilities.

But many of the bonders I encounter in University labs have not incorporated all those improvements.

I am wondering: What wafer bonder are you using in your facility? What vintage is it? How much use does it get? What types of bonds are you supporting (anodic, fusion, frit, polymer, etc)? What improvements to these tools would you like to see?

Thanks,

Rob

Robert MacDonald
MEMS Engineer