[labnetwork] Onboarding new users - academic or government labs

Price, Aimee price.798 at osu.edu
Mon Sep 25 16:28:04 EDT 2023

Lab Network,
How much time (actual people hours) does your facility spend onboarding new users, per user on average? What is included in that time? I am specifically asking about getting projects set up (billing, contact info, contracts if applicable) and getting them through required initial training before they ever touch or train on a tool.

Do you have automated systems to do this, or does it involve a staff member(s) interacting with the users personally, back and forth?

I'd love to know your experiences as we continue to improve our own.

Best,
Aimee Bross Price

Manager, Nanofabrication
The Ohio State University
Nanotech West Lab
Institute for Materials Research
1381 Kinnear Road
Suite 100
Columbus, OH 43212
614-292-2753
Price.798 at osu.edu<mailto:Price.798 at osu.edu>
Nanotech.osu.edu

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Conference Chair, 67th International Conference on Electron, Ion, Photon Beam Technology and Nanofabrication (EIPBN)
La Jolla, California May 28-31, 2024
| https://eipbn.org<https://eipbn.org/> |