[labnetwork] TEM service contracts

Johnson, Michael W mjohnso6 at tulane.edu
Thu Feb 8 02:30:51 EST 2024

Does anyone have some statistical information on the costs of TEM annual service contracts?
I ask because for us, this is the largest cost service contract of any instrument that we have by far.

I assume very few universities are capable of keeping these instruments up and running to spec without a service contract. Am I wrong?

Is anyone capable of keeping these costs below $100k per instrument per year?

Anybody below $50k per year?

If so, I would be very interested to know which instrument manufactures and what strategies are employed to achieve this. We have FEI.

-Michael.