[labnetwork] gas cylinder tracking

Charles Veith cveith at seas.upenn.edu
Tue Feb 27 04:06:00 EST 2024

Good Morning Dennis:
         Over the next three days, I will be having concrete conversations
with Matheson,
Air Products and Linde. The purpose of the conversation will be your not so
unique
situation at Michigan.
          Having worked at two very big semi houses, the idea of having a
centralized
a management system for bulk chems and gases was the norm. If it is
occurring at
large firms, why can it not be configured to meet our needs?
           Having little data, I will make this broad statement. If you are
working with just
one firm primarily for all your gases, I would assume that there will be
significant
discounts for this loyalty. It is also assumed that even though you have a
special
relationship with this firm, you would be allowed to seek support from
other vendors
During periods of constraint

Regards,

Charles Veith
PS At  another university, a very tech savvy staff member is working on a
gas bottle
system that uses a low cost  remote monitoring system to track each
bottle's status.
If this system does come online, I will request that this person send an
update on how
the system works to this group