[labnetwork] Questions - Micro/Nano Fabrication text book

Kevin M Walsh walsh at louisville.edu
Tue Mar 13 12:03:49 EDT 2007

Those 2 are excellent texts!  I also suggest the paperback "Intro to Microelectronic Fab" by Jaeger whose new edition has a chapter on MEMS (as does Campbell).  The Campbell MEMS chapter was well-written by Greg Cibuzar.

KW

Dr. Kevin M. Walsh
Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Director of the Lutz and BRB Micro/Nanotechnology Cleanroom
University of Louisville
BRB Building, Room 234
2210 S. Brook St
Louisville, KY 40292
(502) 852-0826 office
(502) 852-8128 fax
walsh at louisville.edu or walsh at ieee.org
www.mems.louisville.edu

>>> Joel Pikarsky <joel.pikarsky at mirc.gatech.edu> 3/13/2007 10:08 AM >>>
Hello,

IMNSHO, the best general, introductory text is  "The Science and
Engineering of Microelectronic Fabrication", 2nd edition, Stephen A.
Campbell.

You may also want to consider "Fundamentals of Microfabrication: The
Science of Miniaturization", Second Edition, Marc J. Madou

Make sure you use the second edition for either book.  I prefer
Campbell, it is more focused on the details of processing.  Madou has
more of a "general overview' flavor.

Joel Pikarsky
"Scourge of the Cleanroom"