[labnetwork] Questions - Micro/Nano Fabrication text book

Steve Campbell campb001 at umn.edu
Tue Mar 13 12:14:35 EDT 2007

Joel,
  Thank you for your very kind words.  You may be interested to hear that
the third edition is at the publisher - hopefully it will be out in the
fall.  My book was really written for the senior/first year grad level and
it is directed primarily at transistors, although the second and third
editions include a chapter on MEMS written by Greg Cibuzar.  Lower level
(tech-level) books include Quirk and Serda, and Xiao.  Both are also written
for IC manufacturing, not MEMS.  Madou is probably the most widely used MEMS
book.  You may also want to look at a new book by Saliterman, a friend and
sort of colleague (Steve is Chief of Surgery at a local hospital as well as
an Adjunct in our BioEng Dept.).  It focuses on bioMEMS, particularly for
medical devices.
Steve