[labnetwork] Mask writing capabilities

Grau, Jeffrey E jeffg at purdue.edu
Fri Nov 7 09:04:30 EST 2008

Hello Mark,
	My name is Jeff Grau and I am the equipment owner here at Purdue
University. I am responding to your email regarding our equipment.
 1) We presently have two Electromask CC-251 Criss Cross machines. One
machine is set up for pattern generation and image repeating with a 10x
lens. The other Electromask is set up for pattern generation and image
repeating with a 5x lens. The 5x lens enables us to image a chip size of
2 centimeters by 2 centimeters which is very beneficial in the Mems
application.
2) It would be nice to have a Micronic MP-80 system sometime in the
future.
3) I  operated, trained new employees, and maintained a Micronic MP-80
and a Micronic LRS-600 laser writer system.
4)Both Electomask systems provide sufficient results for most students
at Purdue University. If sub-micron features are required, the VB-6
E-Beam or the Raith system will then generate the mask for the students
Both Electromask systems are capable of generating features as small as
1.25 microns.
5) Both Electromasks are currently handling all of the mask submissions.
The typical lead time is less than 2 days from the time the data is
approved from the student. Throughput is based on the size of the flash
count. A typical day for generating masks is 8 masks per day.
6)We develop all our masks using an APT automatic mask processor.
7) We etch our masks using the APT processor. When etching Iron Oxide
masks we use a Pyrex dish.
8)Our facility is an academic environment