[labnetwork] More on buddy system and a labnetwork suggestion / Fwd: 24/7 operations

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Tue Jun 7 16:42:53 EDT 2011

John:

Thanks for your comments.  Note: if anyone is a clueless as I was until
5 minutes ago, IEST is Institute for Environmental Sciences and
Technology.  I think that this is an interesting proposal.  I don't want
to take away anything from UGIM .... it has, despite being primarily a
device and technology conference, come to be known as THE place where
lab managers get together to compare notes and share best practices
related to a variety of facility and operational issues.  It would
certainly appear, however, as if there is demand for an annual meeting
to discuss the management, operation, and facility/equipment needs of
the growing number of clean rooms and nano-* facilities.  My guess is
that there will be a lively discussion of how to best meet that need but
I think that ideas that somehow back fill the biannual UGIM meetings
with a meeting in the off-UGIM years would be a good idea.  One of the
nice things about UGIM, in my view, is that it is small enough that it
can be hosted at or near a facility that is of interest to this
community.  John, does ESTECH rotate cities, or is it normally held in
Orlando?

Thanks,

John