[labnetwork] Clean room contractors

Morrison, Richard H., Jr. rmorrison at draper.com
Fri Oct 28 13:04:43 EDT 2011

Hi Everyone,

We just finished selection for our new cleanroom, we hired an
architecture firm, then a construction manager and a commissioning
agent. Here is our list of people that we contacted for our job.

                Architects

1.       F. H. Chase

2.       Richmond Group

3.       Signet Harris

4.       Advance TEC

5.       R.E. Dinneen Architects and Planners, INC.

6.       Wilson Architects

7.       Winter Street Architects

8.       SMRT  (eventual winner)

9.       HDR  (2nd place winner)

Construction managers

1.0   Hodess Construction (eventual winner)

2.0   JM Coull  (2nd place)

3.0   Turner Construction

4.0   Bond Brothers

5.0   Gilbane

Commissioning agents

1.0   Hallam-ICS  (eventual winner)

2.0   Sebesta Blomberg

3.0   RDK

Our methodology was to search the web and get references, send our
proposal out to bidders, have a walkthrough of the site, receive the
bids, rank them invite 3 in for a dog and pony show, check references
and chose the winner. So over a 2 month period we selected the
architect/ construction manager and commissioning agents. A very crazy 2
months.

If I can be of any help call or email.

Rick

Rick Morrison

Senior Member Technical  Staff

Group Leader Microfabrication Operations

Draper Laboratory

555 Technology Square

Cambridge, MA  02139

W  617-258-3420