[labnetwork] humidification steam for class 100 cleanrooms

Iulian Codreanu codreanu at seas.upenn.edu
Thu Sep 22 12:43:39 EDT 2011

Dear Fab Network Community,

Penn's new cleanroom will have a mixture of Class 100 and Class 1000
bays.  We are trying to lower the cost of the RO water system and need
your help.

We plan on using RO water (UPW would be too corrosive) to generate the
steam needed for humidification at the cleanroom MAUs.  It would be much
appreciated if you could provide info on:
- The quality of the RO water
- The materials (304, 316 SS?) used in the high purity side of the
steam-to-water heat exchanger, humidification coils, and interconnecting
piping.

Thank you very much.

Iulian
--