[labnetwork] Silicon Nitride question

Chris Balicki cab24 at sfu.ca
Fri Apr 13 19:47:21 EDT 2012

Hello Everyone,

Here at Simon Fraser University, we are also optimizing our SiN LPCVD setup. Certainly, we appreciate the recent responses and recommendations.

The dry pump (Edward iQDP80 in our case) requires significant N2 purge flow. Currently, we supply this N2 via a membrane generator. Since the generator capacity has been taxed, current O2 levels are between 1.5-2.0%. Our pump exhaust is fed to an Edwards TPU via a ~15ft run of unheated SS tubing.

1. Are O2 levels of 1.5-2.0% harmful to dry pump operation? If so, what N2 purity is recommended?
2. What further measures are recommended to minimize pump exhaust buildup due to O2 content and unreacted silanes/byproducts?

Thanks,

Chris

---
Christopher Balicki