[labnetwork] hotplate parameters for Shipley 1813

Nibarger, John john.nibarger at nist.gov
Thu Aug 30 09:52:10 EDT 2012

Here's what one of my colleagues recommends here at NIST:

Dehydration bake ­ 110-120 C  vacuum contact on hot plate for 2 to 5 min.
3-5 min O2 ash at 50W is also a very good option.

Soft Bake ­ 95-115 C vacuum contact on hot plate for 45-75 seconds.  This
is really dependent on the aligner and source wavelength used.  Minimum
temp/time process is 95C vacuum contact , 1 min.

Hard bake ­ 110-130 C vacuum contact on hot plate for 1-5 min. Temp and
time are driven by the etch resistance need.  Above 130C or with extended
bake times (10+ min) resist stripping becomes a concern.

Found this product link that may also be of use.

http://www.nanophys.kth.se/nanophys/facilities/nfl/resists/S1813/s1800serie
sDataSheet.pdf

Cheers,
John

John P. Nibarger, Ph.D.
Manager, Boulder Micro-Fabrication Facility
325 Broadway, MS 817.03
Boulder, CO  80305

303-497-4575 (phone)
303-497-3042 (fax)