[labnetwork] Fume Scrubber pH Drift

Siva Penmetsa sivapenmetsapr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 04:00:36 EDT 2012

Hi,

We have a new wet scrubber that has a similar issue.

When ever we run a process that has HCl as by product the pH reduces
drastically(pH< 4 from idle of 8)

Maintenance
1. We drain and fill water once every week, and set the pH between 9 and 10
by adding few drops of NaOH solution
2. We monitor the pH periodically (morning and afternoon everyday) and when
pH<4 , few drops of NaOH(Sodium Hydroxide) is added so that the pH > 9(pH=
10 is the upper limit)
3. Clean pH probe with water when any deposites on it

Hope the above informations helps.

Regards,
Siva Prasad Raju Penmetsa
Senior Facility Technologist