[labnetwork] Fwd: Requesting expertise/ experience with Scrubber by-products in Fab.

Robert Pollina rpollina at umich.edu
Wed Nov 28 07:24:26 EST 2012

Jeff,
  Thank you so much for the comments/ suggestions.  I'm considering every
suggestion made.  I agree our make-up water is the first place to begin.
 Although I test and calibrate ph sensors monthly it has been over a year
since they were installed, I'll order new sensors today.  I'm searching for
fumehood contaminents and other potential problems up-stream of our
Scrubber that may be "seeding" the sump tank.  I will monitor the initial
and operating conductivity of our sump water.  I am looking into
retrofitting  our system to use softened water instead of city-water.  The
"whiffle-ball" media is clean and functioning properly, mist screens are
clean and unobstructed.  I will purchase a biocide as suggested.
Thanks again, I'll post an update to Labnetwork and let you know how it
goes.
-Robert