[labnetwork] DI costs - DIW maintenance

Matthieu Nannini, Dr. matthieu.nannini at mcgill.ca
Fri Oct 5 13:15:17 EDT 2012

Hi Bob,

So here are the answers to the questions about my system, see below:

Le 2012-09-29 à 11:45, Robert M. Hamilton a écrit :

> Matthieu Nannini,
>
> To open the dialogue parameters for your system are needed:
> 1) What' the analysis of the water you are starting with?
289 uS/cm
pH: 7.79

> 2) How much RO makeup are you using
7.5usgpm
> and what is the makeup's final resistivity (conductivity)?
20uS/cm
for operation 10h/day 5 days a week.

> 3) What is your DI spec? The desired total-silica value partly determines the polishing bed performance. It is the first breakthrough product.
R > 18 megohm/cm
TOC (max): < 100 ppb
Silica (disolved): < 5ppb
Sodium: < 0.1ppb
Bacteria (1000 mL): < 10
Particle/L (SEM): < 10 (1um size)

40 usgpm @ 50psi
> 5) How many polish beds are in use and are they in a lead/lag configuration?
4 Mixed bed in parallel + 4 other in parallel
> 6) Do you blanket your DI reservoir with N2?
not N2 available at DIW plant site. we have a 0.1um filter for vent
> 7) How much DI is being removed from the loop?
5 to 12 usgpm