[labnetwork] Washable vs Disposable Cleanroom Garments

Jacob Trevino Jacob.Trevino at asrc.cuny.edu
Fri Dec 20 14:28:30 EST 2013

As we continue to move forward towards the opening on the new cleanroom, the question of washable vs disposable cleanroom garments has come up. The facility will be class 100 and class 1000, so both options qualify. From my limited experience using disposable Tyvek garments, I remember them being significantly less comfortable and hot at times.

Does anyone have any key points to consider in choosing between the two? Is one more cost effective than the other?

As always, any input is greatly appreciated.  Enjoy your holiday break and have a safe and happy new year.

Cheers,
Jacob

Jacob Trevino, PhD
Scientific Cleanroom Director