[labnetwork] Corrosive exhaust material of construction

Iulian Codreanu codreanu at udel.edu
Mon Dec 23 14:18:35 EST 2013

Many thanks to those who have provided input!

To summarize the input:
- Three sites have teflon-coated SS and two designers strongly recommend
it. I know of at least two other sites that have it.
- Three sites have FRP
- Two sites have coated galvanized steel (one with PVC, one with Plasite?)
- One site reported polypropylene

I wonder why polypropylene is not more commonly used.  Abbie's comments
about explosions seem to be a good reason. Any other reasons? Can anyone
comment on its durability; in my mind "plastic" becomes brittle after a
while although I saw decades-old polypropylene wet benches that seemed
to be fine?

Best regards,

Iulian

iulian Codreanu, Ph.D.