[labnetwork] CMP pads storage

Christophe Clément christophe.clement at polymtl.ca
Mon Feb 18 17:00:44 EST 2013

Hi everyone,

We, at polytechnic School of Montreal, are going to buy a refurbished CMP
tools for our microfabrication lab: Strasbaugh 6EC.

That will be our first experience with CMP. We’ve been told that we have
to keep our different pads, as soon as they are utilized, under wet
condition in a special cabinet.

Some of you have maybe experience with such cabinet, if you can advice us
regarding the design, size, water flow rate, how the pad are oriented
(standing up or in a drawer...), that will be really appreciated!

Also, if some of you has this tools, could you please describe utilities
that need the tools? Such as DI water system, Slurry’s canister,
recirculation pump...

Thank you for your help!

Christophe Clément

Technicien laboratoire