[labnetwork] DI Water Quality for Steam Humidifier - Seeking Input

Dean Sutter ds120 at gatech.edu
Tue Feb 19 10:21:51 EST 2013

We are feeding the nano/mirco cleanroom humidifiers with the same
ultra-high purity grade DI purity as we do the processes.

We are looking for ways to reduce our costs for DI water generation,
filtration, and polishing. A majority of our ultra-pure DI water is used
for humidification. Therefore, we are considering moving from ultra-pure
DI to RO DI.

Does anyone in the network have any airborne contamination empirical
experience any airborne contamination issues with using lower grade and
higher grade DI for steam in humidifiers?

If so, what grade water was used?

Thanks

--
Dean A. Sutter
Associate Director, Research Operations and Business Development

dean.sutter at ien.gatech.edu

404 894 3847 - Office
404 558 1844 - Cell

www.ien.gatech.edu