[labnetwork] final filter on makeup air units

Iulian Codreanu codreanu at udel.edu
Tue Jun 4 09:25:15 EDT 2013

Dear Colleagues,

I am trying to convince some folks that having filters placed on the
discharge side of a cleanroom makeup air unit (MAU) is not only a good
idea but a must.    I only have a MERV 8 and a MERV 14 on the intake
side and I am pushing for HEPA filtration on the discharge side; your
input carries a lot of weight and I hope you can help.

My cleanroom is "two stories tall"; the makeup air discharges into the
mechanical space (it houses the recirculating air units that push the
air into the bay plenum boxes) that is above the the bay and chase
cleanroom (no raised floor, sidewall air return).

Can you please share your MAU filter configuration; it would be helpful
to list all the filters in the unit and where they are located.

Thank you very much.

Iulian

--
iulian Codreanu, Ph.D.