[labnetwork] 100% Silane Bottle Changing

N P VAMSI KRISHNA vamsinittala at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 12:01:28 EDT 2013

Dear Colleagues,
Here are the basic instructions our people follow during hooking up of a
100% Pure Silane Cylinder.

1. The Silane gas cabinet system should have pneumatic arrangement, which
should operate through PLC.
2. Venturi is must needed at cabinet to ensure 100% purge up & purge down
of Silane gas.
3. All Leak Detectors should be calibrated.
4. Exhaust fan must be fitted near the gas cabinet and cabinet is stationed
far from the fab and at a highly naturally ventilated area.
5. Enclosure needed around the cabinet.
6. No extra valves provided other than DISS connector to cylinder end.
7. Water Sprinkler lines should be connected.
8. Sequence of operation of all the valves at cabinet need to be cross
checked with Gas cabinet supplier.
9. Wear Fire jacket is must  during installation. While servicing and
operating Face shield and gloves.
10. Do the trial run minimum 2 times before opening the cylinder for usage.
11.Test all the safety instruments & all alarms are triggering correctly.
12.In case, any valve malfunctions/leaks found or does not operate, press
the Emergency Stop at cabinet.
13.Flame proof lights should be used neat the cabinet. Also other materials
in and around the cabinet should be flame proof.
14. MSDS must be provided.
15. Two people/workers a shift has to be recruited inorder to monitor, log
& take care all the critical parameters involved.

Hope it helps !!!

Thanks & Best regards,
vamsi

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 1:38 AM, Aebersold,Julia W. <
julia.aebersold at louisville.edu> wrote:

>  We are hooking up a new polysilicon tube and are working with 100%
> Silane.  I am seeking information on protocol and standard operating
> procedures (SOP’s) on how other groups and institutions perform this the
> process of changing their Silane bottle and leak checks.  We have our gas
> cabinet information, but due to the dangerous nature of this gas more I
> would like to gather information from other folks that have worked with
> this gas extensively.****
>
> ** **
>
> A written response to my e-mail is fine, but links to sites with official
> protocol and SOP’s would be preferred.****
>
> ** **
>
> Cheers!****
>
> ** **
>
> Julia Aebersold, Ph.D. ****
>
> MNTC Cleanroom Manager****
>
> Shumaker Research Building, Room 233****
>
> 2210 South Brook Street****
>
> University of Louisville****
>
> Louisville, KY  40292****
>
> ** **
>
> 502-852-1572****
>
> http://louisville.edu/micronano/**
>
> ** **

Thanks & Regards,

*Vamsi Krishna*
Sr.Facility Technologist - Process Integration
National Nano Fabrication Center
Center for Nano Science and Engineering (CeNSE)
Indian Institute of Science(IISc)
Bangalore 560012, INDIA
Mobile:  +91 9880988239

*A bird sitting on the branch of a tree is not afraid of the branch shaking
or breaking, because it trusts not the branches but its OWN WINGS. *