[labnetwork] ALD survey

Lynn Rathbun rathbun at cnf.cornell.edu
Sun Mar 3 19:35:31 EST 2013

Karl

You can find a database of the tools available at
the NNIN sites on the NNIN web
site.http://www.nnin.org/research-support/tools-database
You can also find a spreadsheet of processes and
tools available at this process blog entry.
http://www.nnin.org/research-support/process-blog/nnin-ald-processes-and-nnin-ald-workshop

At Cornell, we are quite happy with our Oxford FlexAl but it is a big system.

>Hello Labnetwork,
>
>We are currently searching for an ALD system
>that has the flexibility to meet the needs of
>multiple users, but is on the lower end of
>pricing.  I realize that these attributes are
>typically not well aligned, however we have
>limited internal funding support.  I have been
>exploring ALD systems offered by a number of
>vendors.  There are a few systems that appear to
>be good candidates – some are upgradable to
>offer enhanced capabilities, while others are
>not.  We are targeting a system that can
>accommodate up to 6-inch substrates, and is in
>the < $200K price range.  Initial films of
>interest are Al2O3, HfO2 and ZnO. however we
>expect interest in other applications.
>
>I have been searching websites, and I have found
>several of these systems placed in university
>labs.  I would like to ask these universities
>for their opinion of the system they have, and
>some of the details that went into their
>decision on the system they have over the other
>systems in the market.  If there is a survey
>available for these systems, perhaps prepared
>for a proposal, this would be especially useful.
>
>Thanks for the help!
>

>Dr. Karl D. Hirschman, Micron Professor
>Electrical and Microelectronic Engineering Department
>Director, Semiconductor & Microsystems Fabrication Laboratory
>Rochester Institute of Technology
>82 Lomb Memorial Drive
>Rochester, NY  14623-5604
>PH: 585-475-5130
>FAX: 585-475-5041
><mailto:kdhemc at rit.edu>kdhemc at rit.edu
>http://smfl.microe.rit.edu

Dr. Lynn Rathbun                                        Rathbun at cnf.cornell.edu
NNIN  Deputy Director                   (607)-254-4872
CNF Laboratory Manager
Duffield Hall                                                (607)-255-8601 Fax
Cornell
University                                       (607)-592-1549 Work Cell
Ithaca, New York 14853                     (607)-342-1880 Personal Cell