[labnetwork] ZnS sputtering

Morrison, Richard H., Jr. rmorrison at draper.com
Fri May 10 08:00:12 EDT 2013

That will most likely contaminate your system. It is also tricky to sputter as the Zn and S may disassociate. I would think that the target would be a powder press target, if so you will need to be very careful with heat generation. If the target gets hot it will crack and even spray particles over the machine.

I would not allow ZnS in a general use machine, too much risk to other users.

Rick

Draper Laboratory
Group Leader Microfabrication Operations
555 Technology Square
Cambridge Ma, 02139-3563

www.draper.com
rmorrison at draper.com