[labnetwork] Bending coaxial

Dennis Schweiger schweig at umich.edu
Wed Dec 17 08:43:25 EST 2014

Matthieu,

that's typical of the way we've installed it at UofM, and how I've done it
on the outside (tens of thousands of feet of tubing).  Just make sure they
use a bender that yields a radius of 10 times the diameter of the carrier
(inner) tube.  Also make sure they use centering clips for the inner tubing
at every weld joint on the external jacket.  You don't want to weld the two
tubes together.......

I'd recommend that you look at some of their work (at other customers) for
neatness, uniformity, as well as attention to detail.  Make sure you have
them generate weld coupons you can inspect for all of their work/sizes.
You definitely don't want any "sugaring" on the inside of your carrier
tube, especially with reactive gases.

Dennis Schweiger
University of Michigan/LNF

734.647.2055 Ofc