[labnetwork] Instrument Relocation During Warranty Period - Best Way

YuYing Tang yuyingtang at mail.pse.umass.edu
Wed Dec 17 14:09:29 EST 2014

Any advice is appreciated.

We applied and got a large instrumentation grant a year ago, but the new
building wouldn't be ready for a while, so we started to bring equipment
in the current building to get researches started.  We purchased some
relocation service on a few instrument, but most of them we didn't buy
relocation and we only bought extended warranty.

Do any of you have experience relocating any one of these machines during
warranty period?  Any advice?

1. Novacentrix Pulseforge 1300:  a photonic curing and sintering machine
2. Dimatix Material Printer DMP-2831: A piezoelectric inkjet printer
3. Optomec AJ300 Printer: An Aerosol Jet Printer
4.  J.A. Woolam RC2 Ellipsometer:  an ellipsometer with vertical base
5. Zygo Nextview 3D Optical Profiler

Thanks very much.

YuYing Tang, Ph.D.
Director, R2R Processing Lab
Center for Hierarchical Manufacturing
Department of Polymer Science and Engineering
University of Massachusetts at Amherst
Amherst, MA  01003

http://r2rnano.org/r2rlab/