[labnetwork] Bending coaxial

Vito Logiudice vito.logiudice at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Dec 17 14:18:43 EST 2014

Hi Matt,

Excellent comments to date from our colleagues on the network, as usual. FYI, this is the approach we took here as well for all of our toxics. As already mentioned, special attention was paid to the radius of the bends to minimize the impact on the interior electropolished finish and coupons were also made at the start of each shift daily to confirm the quality/calibration of the welding apparatus and procedure before proceeding. In our case, we did use a few mechanical connections for the 1/2 outer lines, so called "dogbones", examples of which can be seen in the attached photo.

Cheers,
Vito
--
Vito Logiudice  MASc, PEng