[labnetwork] Experiences with tram close to cleanroom facility?

Morrison, Richard H., Jr. rmorrison at draper.com
Tue Sep 9 14:58:15 EDT 2014

Hi Leif,

When we built our facility in 2012 we had vibration measurements and magnetic field measurements taken in the areas where the Stepper, SEM and AFM were to be located. These were 24 hour surveys. We have a subway line located 1 block from our facility and a freight train line 50 feet from the building.  Both surveys showed when the subway was active, there was magnetic interference and significant vibration.  However,  we were located on the 3rd floor so that attenuated the magnetic field enough and the vibration was below the specification of the tool manufacturer.

There are companies that sell electrical/magnetic shield systems we use the following company for those solutions:
Ets-lingren    www.ets-lindgren.com<http://www.ets-lindgren.com>    they make an excellent system.

If you need a good float table this company makes a unit that has active feedback control for vibration damping:
RDM INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTS, INC.
1652 Watson Court
Milpitas, CA 95035-6822
Ph: (408) 945-8400 Fax: (408) 945-8433
Website: www.rdm-ind.com

Regards
Rick

Draper Laboratory
Principal  Member of the Technical Staff
Group Leader Microfabrication Operations
555 Technology Square
Cambridge Ma, 02139-3563

www.draper.com
rmorrison at draper.com