[labnetwork] Experiences with tram close to cleanroom facility?

Stephen Howe info at fabsurplus.com
Wed Sep 10 04:37:16 EDT 2014

Dear Sirs,

I recall that , when I worked for VG Analytical, I helped install a mass
spectrometer in the LAND institute in Berlin, very close to the S-Bahn.

The assessment was made that , as magnetic field decreased as 1/r3, then
the trains would not have an adverse effect.

However, what the gurus forgot is, apparently, the trains going past
make an inductance loop. The field from that decreases as 1/r.

Hence, we had to fix the problem using a search coil to cancel the extra
magnetic field error.

Once the search coil system was added, the instrument did not have
problems any more related to the stray field from the trains.

Yours sincerely,

Stephen Howe
Company Owner
SDI Fabsurplus Group

 +1 830 388 1071 (Mobile)
+39 335 710 7756 (Italy Mobile)
Skype: Stephencshowe
email: info at fabsurplus.com

WWW.FABSURPLUS.COM
Japan-Italy-Ireland-USA

Facebook: www.facebook.com/fabsurplus
Twitter: http://twitter.com/fabsurplus
Google+: https://plus.google.com/+Fabsurplus

Japan-Italy-Ireland-USA

Featured Sales Items:-
***********************
440 Fab tools for sale from Nishiwaki Japan.Still Operational until
August.
http://www.fabsurplus.com/sdi_catalog/salesItemList.do?listTypeId=3

Applied Materials Mirra 3400 CMP system standalone:-
http://www.fabsurplus.com/sdi_catalog/salesItemDetails.do?id=76435

KLA-Tencor 6420 Surfscan for sale, still installed and operational:-
http://www.fabsurplus.com/sdi_catalog/salesItemDetails.do?id=76690

Agilent 4071A Parametric tester for Sale:-
http://www.fabsurplus.com/sdi_catalog/salesItemDetails.do?id=76798

Accretech UF 200 prober for sale:-
http://www.fabsurplus.com/sdi_catalog/salesItemDetails.do?id=76775