[labnetwork] Nitrile/Latex Gloves

Morrison, Richard H., Jr. rmorrison at draper.com
Fri Aug 7 13:09:59 EDT 2015

The cleanroom gloves are not meant to be used with chemicals. The gloves are worn to keep human skins, oils and other contamination from the wafers and equipment. You should always use the proper chemical gloves over the cleanroom gloves when working with chemicals.

Companies like VWR and Cole-Parmer publish chemical resistant charts of gloves meant for that application.

My rule of thumb is that the cleanroom gloves are good for 30-40 minutes before skin oil starts to leak through, so we always double glove and strip the top pair off every 30-40 minutes. The first pair of gloves comes off after you have left the cleanroom.

Hope this helps

Rick

Draper Laboratory
Principal  Member of the Technical Staff
Group Leader Microfabrication Operations
555 Technology Square
Cambridge Ma, 02139-3563

www.draper.com
rmorrison at draper.com