[labnetwork] Scientific/Managing Director - Job Description Guidance

Vidic, Brian A vidicba at pitt.edu
Wed Feb 11 17:10:07 EST 2015

Colleagues:

The University of Pittsburgh will soon be posting for a Scientific/Managing Director to oversee the University's Petersen Institute of Nanoscience and Engineering. The position will serve as managing director for the Institute's Nanoscale Fabrication and Characterization Facility, overseeing its expansion/development, be responsible for building and managing a team to oversee these activities, and be established as a scientific leader at the University in the area of nanoscale science and engineering, building relationships with academic and industrial partners worldwide.

My hope (and request!) was to gain some guidance from all of you on the key elements in the formal job descriptions you've used for similar positions in your organization.  We have pieces documented here but would love to get feedback from all of you as we finalized the composition of the job description to attract the best and brightest candidates to Pitt!

Thank you in advance!

Best,
Brian

Brian Vidic
Director of Technology
Interim Director of Operations, PINSE-NFCF
Swanson School of Engineering
University of Pittsburgh
3700 O'Hara St
Suite 148 Benedum Hall