[labnetwork] Precious metal targets: how to charge for and keep track of use

John Nicholson thejohnnicholson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 13:07:29 EST 2015

Matthieu,
     Since we only use silane for growth of silicon oxide and silicon
nitride thin films and aren't concerned about keeping an elevated growth
rate, we buy our silane mixed down to 2% in nitrogen. EH&S was much more
amenable to this approach.
     The cylinders are size 80 (~80 ft^3, 2265 ltrs) and in seven years
I've ordered 3 of them.

Regards,
John

--