[labnetwork] Seismic Sensors

Leif Johansen lej at danchip.dtu.dk
Wed Jan 14 04:25:26 EST 2015

Hello Bill,

That's quite an interesting story indeed.

Denmark has a very low seismic activity, but at present we have a seismograph temporarily installed in the cleanroom to monitor construction works going on right next to the cleanroom building. The only alarms we have had so far are from service engineers trying to hammer cleanroom floor tiles back in place with a tool.

We are absolute novices in seismic measurements. Are there any general recommendations on where to put a seismic sensor?

Best regards,

Leif

DTU Danchip
Technical University of Denmark