[labnetwork] Oxidation Furnaces Time/Temperature

Kamal Yadav kamal.yadav at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 04:46:18 EDT 2015

Dear All,

We have furnaces [Atmospheric pressure and LPCVD] from Ultech Inc., Korea.

We have 4" size substrate size quartz tubes furnaces. After temperature
ramp up to desired temperature, oxygen flow starts and we have done upto a
minimum time of 5 min, after which oxygen flow stops and nitrogen flows for
sometime and furnace gets cooled down to 400/500 before we unload.

We believe there must be some minimum time the oxygen should be flown to
achieve reliable and repeatable oxide thickness as it will take some time
for oxygen to stabilize in the furnace.

As thin oxides are required, we are also considering changing the
temperature to 750 Deg C, to achieve minimum thickness. Both temperature
and time could be optimized in order to achieve minimum thickness.

Which, Temperature or time or both, is best to change and how far one can
go, is my question to achieve minimum thickness.

Thanks a lot!

Kamal Yadav
Sr. Process Technologist
Electrical Engineering