[labnetwork] Need help with RIE process

Bob Henderson bob.henderson at etchedintimeinc.com
Wed Mar 4 10:49:11 EST 2015

Rick:

Holy lightning bolt you do seem to have a discharge problem. You didn't say
if the wafer has oxide on both sides but assuming it does I would suggest
stripping the oxide on the chuck side to avoid the charging problem you seem
to have. An electrostatic chuck works much better if you have a conductive
material or in this case a semiconductor material than a dielectric.
Assuming you also helium backside cooling with your E-chuck this should also
allow you to etch the oxide that is patterned without the need to run
multiple cycles. Depending on the RF power you might have to lower it a bit
to avoid reticulation of the photo resist. I also don't understand why you
are using 8 microns of resist as 1-2 microns should suffice assuming the
resist: oxide selectivity is around 3:1. If you care to share your process
recipe I might be able to help out some more. Bob Henderson