[labnetwork] Fluorescent Lamp Replacement with LED lamps in the Cleanroom?

Donghai Zhu donghaiz at usc.edu
Thu Sep 24 11:28:30 EDT 2015

Hello Tom,

A couple of years ago, we considered to replace the fluorescent lamp by the LED lamps in clean room. Before we made decision, we got the spectrums of both the LED lamp and the GE fluorescent lamp, and compared them. There is a broad peak close to 450~460 nm besides the broad, main peak around 600 nm in the LED lamp although the intensity in 450 nm is weak. In the fluorescent lamp, the wavelengths of most of the peaks are more than 540 nm. But we still can see the weak peaks around 400~420nm. The issue may be solved If lamps are covered by filters. But we didn't do the further test.

Regards,
Donghai Zhu

Keck Photonics Lab
University of Southern California