[labnetwork] SRD inserts

Bowser, Jerry (Fed) jerry.bowser at nist.gov
Thu May 5 17:09:05 EDT 2016

Hi Keith,

Here at the CNST NanoFab, we have installed a master 4 pin rotor and have inserts for 2”, 3”, 4”, 6”, and 8” wafers as well as 5” and 6” masks.  We have this installed on 3 double stack SRDs with one rotor set for each stack.  Over time, we have found that removing and replacing rotors to accommodate different substrate sizes caused quite a bit of damage to the SRD and galled the end of the rotor shafts.  Plus, we only had staff changing rotors which became time consuming.  Now, users change their own rotors and it takes about 30 seconds.  I’m a big fan!  We purchased our setup from OEM Group.  Feel free to give me a call or email if you would like to discuss.

Best Regards,
Jerry

Jerry Bowser
Assistant Manager for Operations
NanoFab Operations Group
Center for Nanoscale Science and Technology