[labnetwork] Perkin Elmer 2400 8" sputter Arcing

Paolini, Steven spaolini at cns.fas.harvard.edu
Thu May 19 15:33:34 EDT 2016

Check to make sure that there are no ferrous fasteners or fixturing in the RF path. Any magnetic material will cause tuning issues and affect sensitive instrumentation as you have stated. This problem is common when a screw goes missing and is replaced with a black iron or galvanized fastener.

Steve Paolini
Equipment Dood
Harvard University Center for Nanoscale systems.