[labnetwork] Ebeam deposition of Gold

Michael Rooks michael.rooks at yale.edu
Mon Nov 14 21:30:17 EST 2016

It's true that gold will alloy with tungsten. However, carbon crucibles
are not ideal for gold evaporation, since gold will agglomerate around
carbon particles. The gold film will be lumpy if carbon is accidentally
evaporated from the crucible. Molybdenum crucibles are much better.

Michael Rooks
Yale Institute of Nanoscience and Quantum Engineering
nano.yale.edu <http://nano.yale.edu>