[labnetwork] ALD TEMAHf precursor and pump oil loss

Elena Cianci elena.cianci at mdm.imm.cnr.it
Mon Nov 21 11:23:17 EST 2016

Good day all,

We have a Cambridge Nanotech Savannah200, and few days ago we mounted
TEMAHf cylinder.

The system is pumped by a rotary vane pump Pascal2021 with Fomblin oil.
After few processes using TEMAHf and ozone, a large oil loss has been
observed, with oil present in the vessel under the pump.

Furthermore, HfO2 films resulted with lower refractive index than expected.

Are there incompatibility issues of precursors like TEMAHf with the pump
in use?

or are there other issues that we should take into account to prevent
such problem?

We really approeciate any suggestions you might have

Elena Cianci

Elena Cianci, PhD
Research associate
CNR-IMM, Unità di Agrate Brianza