[labnetwork] Engineering controls to replace a buddy? Can it be done?

Christopher Raum crraum at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 19:12:04 EDT 2016

Hi all,

Just to add my two cents to the list of safety systems. With the
Microdevices Lab at JPL, when you use the fab after hours or on the
weekend, you would first call into security. Then at the fab you would open
a lock box and remove a pager that you would wear around your neck. If you
were in distress you could just reach up and press the button. I know most
fabs don't have security, but there are derivative systems that could be
developed from this idea.

Regards,

Chris Raum
--